Friday 23 April 2010

Bempton Cliffs

RSPB Bempton Cliffs is always worth a visit at this time of year. It helps if you can choose a nice day with light winds though. Thankfully I was lucky on both these counts.




I've never seen a Puffin in the flesh before so I was hoping to put that right today. Again, luck was on my side and I saw two of them. The first one was quite close to me but my presence didn't stop him getting on with his business of collecting for his nest.


This one was quite a bit further away and was looking very nervous for some reason.



Gulls all look pretty much alike to me but I think these two could be Kittiwakes.



There were plenty of Razorbills around too.



Gannets





Not sure what this is but I think it could be a Herring Gull?



I can't even guess at this one....



1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos! I am going for Juvenile Herring Gull for the last one.

    Puffins always look worried to me! Haha.

    ReplyDelete