Friday 14 June 2013

 

East Coast 

 
I just spent a week on the East Coast, a few miles south of Hornsea, East Yorkshire.
 
For several years now I've been trying to get close enough to a Common Whitethroat to get a decent image, but as soon as they pop up from their cover they duck straight back down again, so I was surprised when a pair of them stayed around long enough for me to get some shots.
 
 

 
It soon became obvious that they were a nesting pair and I was stood too close for their comfort which is I suppose why they were hanging around, so I got a few pictures and then retreated.
 
It wasn't until I viewed the shots later that I noticed that they weren't Common Whitethroats but Lesser Whitethroats - a first for me.
 
 
Thornwick Bay (between the North Landing of Flamborough and Bempton Cliffs) is a good place to visit if you can't be bothered with the crowds at RSPB Bempton. There aren't as many birds and the cliffs aren't as high but there are no fences, meaning that you can get as close to the edge as you dare!
 
 
Razorbills
Gannet
Common Ketrel
 
 





 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment